Friday, November 04, 2005

One More Refrigerator Picture



Those who have frequented Liuzza's by the Track, down the street from the house, know that it is the source of a truly Platonic bowl of gumbo. Platonic in the Underground Gourmet sense of being the best example of it's type.

Liuzza's gumbo type is an unthickened stock, chicken and andouille sausage gumbo with oysters and shrimp added in the last few minutes before serving. The seafood is still tender and maintains its separate flavor in the midst of the spicy broth and firmer meat. My mouth waters just thinking of it.

Every time I come into the city I walk by, hoping against hope that they are back in business. So yesterday I walked by, and once again there is no sign of activity and the refrigerators are still all lined up on the curb, and the smell is, if anything, stronger than the last time I was here.

But someone added something to the refrigerator display:

2 Comments:

Blogger Randall said...

Every time I see those refrigerators I think about those nice beer mugs that I had in my freezer and forgot about until after the fridge got picked up. Them might almost have been worth opening the freezer door for. Or maybe not.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Schroeder said...

Hey -- I saw a "Free gumbo inside" refrigerator" somewhere else.

I've become obsessed with photographing refrigerators, T-shirts, and bumper stickers.

I like the photos you're taking. Keep it up.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home