Saturday, October 01, 2005

I HATE Pecan Trees


Enough with the pecan trees, already! A month ago it was a pecan tree that crashed through the office roof. Then last week Rita knocked 2 pecan trees from my neighbor's yard in Zachary, into my yard. Of course, no one else in the neighborhood lost any trees. Of course not.

That attractive hedge across the front yard at the top of this post is the smaller branches we dragged to the street. The largest pieces will have to wait for someone with a truck.


Fortunately the big tree was the one that fell in the yard, and

it was the smaller one that fell on the house.

As I said, I hate pecan trees.

No trip to New Orleans this week, but there is good news there. The contractor should be able to start on the office soon, and the roofer should be ready in 3 or 4 weeks. Things are looking up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randall said...

Ahh yes. It was a pecan tree that came crashing through my family home during Hurricane Betsy back in '65 as we were huddled in the living room listening to Nash Roberts on our transistor radio!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home