Monday, September 12, 2005

Back to New Orleans.

We've been very lucky that there's been no rain since Katrina, but that can't last. I had to get the roof of the house closed up to stop the damage from getting worse. Yesterday I didn't dare work on the roof alone, but today I brought a friend in to help. I figured if I fell to the ground he could pick me up & drive me to the hospital, some hospital, somewhere.


Obviously the worst wind was from the north. That damn pecan tree fell SouthEast to crush my office roof, and the shingles were ripped from the north end of the house.

Before setting to work on the roof we filled the car with another load, then got out the ladders. Of course, it took longer than we thought in would, but finally, about 6:40 pm, we were finished. It doesn't look great, and if there's any significant wind it might come right off, but it should keep normal rain out of the house for the time being.

Back down Esplanade to Claiborne. This time it looked like we might be able to go down to Orleans & get on the correct side of I-10, but it was getting dark, and it was already past curfew, and I wasn't at all happy about being out.

Back up the downramp, westbound on the eastbound lanes, off the onramp from Claiborne, on the offramp from the CCC, and over the bridge going the wrong way. I may never be able to drive legally again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Jolly good driving there, old chap! You're ready to drive in England.
I'm enjoying your blog- and terribly sorry about the pecan tree damage.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home