Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's a Beautiful Morning!


As I walked into the front room/library/temporary home office Thursday morning I saw a big Entergy truck driving slowly in front of the house. So what? Who cares? We need power in the back building, not the front. But wait! The billing address for the back building is on Grand Route! I ran out and asked him if he was looking for Apartment C -- and he was! Shortly he was stringing the long-awaited drop from the pole and we had enough electricity to power the refrigerator, microwave, and all the toys of modern civilization.

Satisfied that Thursday was going to be a good day, I went back into the house for breakfast. Sitting at the counter, I looked out of the back windows & saw -- Roofers! You don't realize how good roofers look until you've been waiting weeks to replace sheetrock, but afraid to start because a heavy rain might wash the temporary roof patch, and with it all the new sheetrock.

Apparently my several early-morning trips to the roofing company to ask when, oh when, would they start on the office roof finally took. All right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home